Good idea! I tried it unsuccessfully last night, unfortunately.

I also tried:
1. Lots of experimentation with IP addresses, versus "localhost" or
"www.mydomain.com" (behavior unchanged).

2. Turning up logging on mod_jk.log to "debug". This logged consistent "done
without match" on GETs. Not very interesting. See
http://www.meetdave.com/mod_jk_excerpt.txt

3. Turning on a TCPMON and watching the HTTP traffic, via incoming requests
on port 8070, forwarded by TCPMON to port 80. This configuration actually
works! So today, port 8070 works (redirected to 80), port 8080 works, but
port 80 fails. See http://www.meetdave.com/tcpmon_success.txt for the
8070->80 HTTP log.

Keep in mind that standard Apache requests to non-Tomcat resources on port
80 have always worked just fine. And FYI, my server.xml and other
configuration files may be viewed at
http://www.meetdave.com/configfiles.html.

Hopefully someone who wants a gift book from their Amazon.com wish list can
help me out of this quagmire.

Thanks in advance!