Hello tomcat-user,

      Could anybody explain me the way of processing deployment
      descriptors (web.xml): one of them is default and placed in
      /conf folder an another one is placed in /WEB-INF folder of my
      application. I tryes to configure descriptor to process *.jsf
      files (because it is a suggestion of JSP specification to
      fragments of jsp).
      Simple adding following lines

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

      to the default web.xml works, but when i try to add these lines
      to the application web.xml nothing is happened - simple adding text
      of *.jsf file without compilation. What is a solution for my
      task? It seems that application web.xml processed first of
      all, then default web.xml. So during processing application
      web.xml there is no any information about servlet with name
      'jsp' (it will be declared later - in default web.xml) ?
      Can i solve this problem - process *.jsf files without changing
      default web.xml and what will be happen when i declare once
      again servlet to process jsp pages in my application web.xml?

      Thanks!

Best regards,
 Stas                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]