Hello, I have recently downloaded Tomcat 4.1.18 and I am having a little
problem getting servlets to work.  After installing a Tomcat 4.1.18 I
created a directory called test under the webapps directory.  I then
created directory WEB-INF under test and classes under WEB-INF.  I placed a
single servlet called HelloWorldExample in the classes directory.  When I
try to use it I get the 404 error message saying it cannot find it..  The
really frustrating part is I can copy this directory into the webapps
directory for Tomcat 4.1.10  or just copy this servlet into any other
preexisting directory and it works fine.  I can't seem to get any servlets
to work in any directory I create.  Any ideas?  I have never had this
problem before in Tomcat. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

David T Clark
Batch/Intranet/Rename Support
ALLTEL Information Services
Core Systems (MAD Development Center)