Hi,

Does anybody on the list run under HPUX?

We are running:

HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 (tb)
Tomcat 4.1.18
Apache 1.3.24
Oracle 8.1.7

Tomcat and Apache communicate via mod_jk.

We use DBCP to provide a global Db connection pool.

Everything works fine.

We are running Apache only because we wish to use it for loadbalancing to multiple
Tomcat instances.

Here is the problem:

At first we tried installing Apache 2.0.44 - but we got compiler warnings and when we
try to start it we get core dumps. We can build and run Apache 1.3.24.

The mod_jk.so was compiled from the Tomcat 3.3.1a source, as this had some specific
HPUX build instructions.

As I say, in normal operation, everything is fine, but with loadbalancing enabled, if
I drop the first instance of Tomcat, Apache coredumps as soon as a browser request is
received. The Apache error log shows that the child process (mod_jk) caused the fault.

I believe this is all to do with the DSO support of HPUX (we compiled with GNU
compiler).

Anybody out there on HPUX who can shed some light?

Thanks

Eric Roberts