Thaks Jake and Tim,

  Thats right, I am running it as an NT service. So,
how can I change my base directory to point to the
desired directory?

Thanks,
Runu
Hello runu,

I'm guessing you are running your app as an NT
Service, right?  The
base directory of the JVM becomes that from where it
was started.  In
the case of a service, that is C:\WINNT\System32.  If
you started
Tomcat from the .bat file which existed in
CATALINA_HOME/bin, then
that is where the base directory would exist for your
relative paths.

Jake

rr> Hi all,
rr> I am using the following statement in my .java
file

rr> out = new FileOutputStream("responses.txt", true);

rr> I assumed that it should write in a file in the
same
rr> directory as the .java file in web-inf/classes

rr> but instead it writes in C:\WINNT\system32

rr> How can I get it to write at a particular place
using
rr> relative paths.

rr> I shall appreciate any help.
rr> Thanks,