Very thanks for your help. The patch does work fine but I would like to have optional client authentication for obtaining security constraints (the CLIENT-CERT authentication method). How I can optional client authentication for directories/servlets??

In JSSESocketFactory I change .setNeedClientAuth(clientAuth); to:

String clientAuthOptStr=(String)attributes.get("clientauthopt");
if(clientAuthOptStr != null) {
if(clientAuthOptStr.equals("true")) {
.setWantClientAuth(clientAuth);
} else if(clientAuthOptStr.equals("false")) {
.setNeedClientAuth(clientAuth);
} else {
throw new IOException("Invalid value '" +
clientAuthOpt +
"' for 'clientauth' parameter:");
} }

I have introduced clientAuthOptional = "true/false" in server.xml but this patch doesn't work.

Regards.