Does your httpd.conf have AddModule directives? If so, add one for mod_jk.c - that's solved the problem for me before

Lajos

Barley wrote:
I am using Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.1, RedHat 7.3.
Tomcat runs fine standalone. I am now trying to
integrate Tomcat with Apache using mod_jk.so. I
compiled mod_jk.so from source and put it in my
modules/ directory. The module loads fine, but Apache
won't start, because it doesn't recognize the JkMount
directive.

Here's what I have in httpd.conf:

# Load mod_jk
LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so

#Configure mod_jk2
JkWorkersFile
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
JkLogFile /etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk2.log
JkLogLevel info

JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13

The workers.properties file is plain vanilla default. I
changed the server.xml file to comment out the Coyote
connector and uncomment the AJP 1.3, like so:

 <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port
8009 -->
   <!--
    <Connector
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
               port="8009" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"
connectionTimeout="0"
               useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyote
Handler"/>
-->

    <Connector
className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
               port="8009" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

I get the typical Apache error for when you enter an
unknown directive:

"Invalid command 'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or
defined by a module not included in the server
configuration"

So, what gives?!? Does this mod_jk thing really work??
I bought a book (I won't mention the name in case the
authors read this list), and boy does it suck bad. I
ran into so many problems just getting to this point
using the book, and there's hardly any decent
documentation for Tomcat.

So, does the JkMount directive need to be a child of
another directive? I tried it in a VirtualHost tag with
the same results. I assume the module is being loaded,
because the JWorkersFile directive doesn't throw an
error. I would appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thanks.

Gregg

                   Lajos Moczar
    Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
            Cocoon Developer's Handbook
 (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

     http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL