I actually have one site that is using the mod_jk 1.1 Apache code (that
ships with Tomcat 3.3) talking happily to Tomcat 4.1.x using the Jk2
CoyoteConnector.  (I'm doing this because I need to switch between TC 3.3 &
4.1 for testing).

If the CoyoteConnector can speak perfect v1.1 Ajp13 protocol, then it should
have no problems with v1.2 (which is what the Ajp13Connector speaks).  The
mod_jk team has put a great deal of effort into maintaining
backwards-compatibility, so that you can pretty much freely mix-and-match
Apache binaries with Tomcat Connectors.

"liug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
b2ehj6$7al$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:b2ehj6$7al$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> now that we are pretty much on an agreement that jk2 is not
> usable on a unix platform, we should concentrate on mod_jk :)
>
> with tomcat 4.1, dev team decided that jk2 is ready and enabled
> it on the tomcat side by default (so I heard). The question is:
> if I use mod_jk.so on the apache side, do I need to change
> anything on the tomcat side to revert the "default" from jk2 to jk?
> In particular, look at the following in the default server.xml file:
> ..
>     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>                port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="0"
>                useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>