Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.12 with IIS 5. When I connect directly to
http://localhost:8080/HP/admin/ the Tomcat FORM authentication works fine,
but when I try to connect to http://localhost/HP/admin I get the following
error:

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

----

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

----

Apache Tomcat/4.1.12

Here is the relevant extract from my web.xml file:

    <security-constraint>
      <display-name>HP Administration</display-name>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
         <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
         <role-name>HP_admin</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
      <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
      <realm-name>users</realm-name>
      <form-login-config>
        <form-login-page>/admin/login.jsp</form-login-page>
        <form-error-page>/error.html</form-error-page>
      </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

    <!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
    <security-role>
      <role-name>HP_admin</role-name>
    </security-role>

I'm using the isapi_redirect.dll filter in IIS to redirect any request to
*.jsp to Tomcat. (Works fine outside of the secure sections)

Any ideas on how to correct this error.

Paul