OK, so then do I have this right?

I put virtual host declarations in <Host> containers in
the server.xml file.

I put <Context>'s in my <Host> to point Tomcat at the
various url patterns it should handle.

I configure authorization restraints in the
/hostroot/WEB-INF/web.xml file. Can I configure
authorization based on url patterns? Like all access to
/securestuff/ requires admin access, or does this
require a separate webapp?

So is a Context basically just to tell Tomcat what url
patterns to handle for a given Host?

Thanks very much for the help.

Gregg

within a
> > virtual host?
>
> Yes, exactly. Context == deployed webapp.
>
> > Can any tags that can be placed in a
> > web-app also be placed in a Context? Thanks very
much.

> No.  The stuff that's in web.xml is standard Servlet
spec stuff, and
> Tomcat treats it just like other containers do.
>
> The stuff in a Context declaration is
Tomcat-specific.  You can't
> include stuff from web.xml in it.  You can see
everything that you *can*
> include in it here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/
context.html
> --
> Tim Moore / Blackboard Inc. / Software Engineer
> 1899 L Street, NW / 5th Floor / Washington, DC 20036
> Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]