On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Sean Dockery wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:05:04 -0700
> From: Sean Dockery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Best practices - dev & deploy?
>
> Up until recently, I followed the process you described because it was a
> "sure thing" as far as getting the right JSP pages and classes to load into
> Tomcat at run-time.
>
> Since then, Craig M. recommended the approach set out in the Tomcat
> application developers guide.  I've been following that process ever since,
> and I can vouch for the reliability of the process of reloading applications
> without having to restart Tomcat.
>
> You can access the Tomcat application developers guide at...
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/

For a 4.1.x version of Tomcat, you should go here instead:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/

or, even better:

  http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/appdev/

because the Application Developer's Guide is included in the Tomcat
documentation inncluded when you installed Tomcat.  This will always be
the most accuraate stuff for any particular version of Tomcat.

Craig