Hi All,
  I downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.1.18 with IIS
5.0 on Win2k. I'm using an example workers2.prop file:

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009
debug=0

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri
space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

[workerEnv:]
#info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=10
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

I tried loading the isapi_redirector2.dll but it
failed with a bunch of error messages in the Event
Viewer about shm and lb failures.

After adding the following entries to workers2.prop,
the redirector loaded correctly and worked fine.

[shm]
file=D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\logs\shm.file
size=1048576
debug=10
disabled=0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.

My question is what is the minimal workers2.properties
file possible and why are there defaults for the shm
and lb entries in the isapi redirector?

Thanks, Tomcat looks awesome!
Ben Schleimer

=====
"The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of his own
skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full humility, and among other
things he avoids clever tricks like the plague" - Edsger Dijkstra

http://snow.prohosting.com/bensch