You want to put a profiler on that box and see what threads are racing
away. You can also tell the JVM to throw a traceback of all the threads
being used, but I for got how exactly :(

Anyway, look at the code. You definately have something going on there.

Ben Ricker

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 18:47, Arcadius A. wrote:
> Hello!
> We're using tomcat 4.1.12, Apache 1.3.27 , mod_jk1.2.2 on a redhat 7.3
> server ( AMD Duron 1.2GHz, 256 RAM).
>
> The problem is that the server runs quite fine the first few days.... but
> after a week, the server is heavily busy: While the number of tomcat
> processes and the memory usage is slightly the same, the CPU usage of each
> of the tomcat processes highly increase (  from 0.0% to about 19% for each
> of the tomcat processes)..... so tomcat can no longer respond to requests
> from the browser..... the only one thing I use to do is restart the
> server.... then everything works fine again....
> Note that all the  6 java processes shown in the attached file are from
> tomcat. And we're using tomcat's default configurations.
>
> Please has anyone coped with this problem before?

Ben Ricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Wellinx.com