hi all,

I'm using the Xalan extension PipeDocument in a stylesheet which is transformed by a servlet running on Tomcat. The target attribute takes a relative URI which determines where the result of the transformation is stored. I want the result to appear in the servlets' directory but it turns up somewhere completely different (see below). As the same code works fine from the command line, I am figuring Tomcat is responsible for changing the default paths. For the sake of keeping a lot of XSLT code tidy, can I in some way change the default path for the PipeDocument target to the servlet directory?

<pipe:pipeDocument source="input.xml" target="output.xml">
<stylesheet href="ss1.xsl"/>
<stylesheet href="ss2.xsl"/> </pipe:pipeDocument>

On my system (Tomcat 4.0.4, JDK 1.4.1, Xalan 2.4.1 on Win2k) I figured out the default paths:

for the source attribute, c:\programme\tomcat\4.0.4\webapps\infovision (i.e. the servlets context)
for the stylesheets, c:\programme\tomcat\4.0.4 (i.e. the user directory)

.....and for the target attribute, c:\dokumente und einstellungen\lni\Startmenü\Programme\Apache Tomcat 4.0
(ok, its German, but its basically the Win2k Start Menu path)

I can't figure out why the target is being sent there, and how to change it. Anyone know?

lyndon