hi all,

developing on w98 with tomcat 3.2.24, mysql 3.23.26, struts 1.0.2, jsk
1.3.1. will be deploying with same setup but on xp. i was taking a custom
authorization approach originally, using a Struts LoginAction for the
protected areas of my web app. but i thought a JDBCRealm would be a neat
thing to implement. so, i got my JDBCRealm configured, no problem. what
happens now, is when a user tries to load a protected resource, they are
taken to the login page. however, if someone, say, bookmarks the login page
itself, or loads http://www.mydomain.com/login.jsp, then logs in
successfully, then all bets are off. i get a '404 page /protected_dir/null
not found' message. of course, if they give it a duff username/pass they get
sent to my <form-error-page>, as expected.

what should i do to work around this? is there some way to point the login
page to a Struts Action servlet? i figured the *only* action i was allowed
to use with JDBCRealms was 'j_security_check', with the requisite
'j_username' and 'j_password' form fields. no struts actions allowed. is
that right?

or is there some way - using a JDBCRealm - to set a default page that login
would go to on a successful login, in the cases where a user hasn't
previously tried accessing a protected area, but instead simply tried

any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.