* Paul Yunusov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0229 20:29]:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 09:14 am, Rasputin wrote:
> > Does the install ant task from 'catalina-ant.jar' work for anyone?
> >
> > When I try to use it works fine until I restart the server -
> > it seems like the install task uses a HTTP PUT to put the warfile
> > under work/ then catalina edits its own server.xml so the new
> > context will survive a reboot.
> > This is just what I need, but it seems to write invalid xml back to it.
> >

> Have you read this:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html
>
> scroll down to the fourth paragraph under Introduction ("In addition to
> nesting...", etc).

Thanks, but I'm not sure how that helps? It's server.xml that breaks,
I've removed the couple of .xml files from my webapps folder but it
doesn't fix anything.

I've gone for plan B mentioned in another thread - copy the warfile
to an appBase that is set to 'unpackWARS=false', to stop tomcat getting
confused by unpacked contexts. I then call start/stop on the context to force
a reload - it's reliable and clean, I just need to exec scp or something
to get the files up there now.

--
I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it!