Erik

Felipe Schnack wrote:
  You could give me practical exemple of why I would do that?
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 17:49, Mike Jackson wrote:

You could use final if you didn't want inherited versions to be able to have
themselves be returned.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Felipe Schnack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 12:44 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Loading Singleton Classes

 Or even
 public static final Singleton s = new Singleton();
 :-)

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 17:43, Tim Funk wrote:

Actually you'll want to make
  public static Singleton s = new Singleton();
be
  private static Singleton s = new Singleton();

So a wise guy doesn't do this:
   Singleton.s = null;

-Tim

Mike Jackson wrote:

To code it correctly follow the pattern.  :)

Should look something like this:

	class Singleton {
		public static Singleton s = new Singleton();

		protected Singleton() {
			super();
		}
		public static Singleton getHandle() {