Tomcat is not sending the right header back( Content-type probably). Telnet into port 80, simulate a web request and see what the server repsonse header is and adjust tomcat accordingly.

-Tim

David Epstein wrote:
I have a website that serves up files, which are often .csv files. When
I run the site using IIS (ick), a user with Excel on their machine will
see the .csv files automatically open in Excel. But when I use the
Tomcat server, I can't get it to do the same. Is there an easy way to
enable this functionality?

Any help appreciated.

David Epstein