I need help in figuring out why when I re-deploy an
app with Tomcat 4.1.18 I get error 404 - Resource not
available.

The application works fine.  Then when I recompile
everything, put it in WEB-INF/classes, bundle it up
into a war, and then try to use the application, I get
the error.

I compile the application with an ant job.  I
precompile the jsps into classes and create a web.xml
file on the fly with all appropriate servlet/jsp
mappings.  If I restart Tomcat, things work fine.
Otherwise there is somewhere in replacing the .class
files or something that prevents TOmcat from accessing
them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks to anybody in advance,
Tony