The admin app does work.  If you're having problems with it, perhaps posting
details of those problems will get you a resolution.

AFAIK, there is no facility for dynamically changing Tomcat config without a
restart in 4.x.  I believe there is talk of this for Tomcat 5, but I don't
know for sure or know any details...this topic comes up every couple of
weeks here on -user.  Perhaps -dev would have a better answer for you.

John