Just guessing:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_headers.html

Since the header directive is occuring in the directory / the directive is being processed for index.html just fine. But apache knows nothing about /examples/servlet/ since the directory doesn't physically exist so it probably is not running the directive.

So I would try placing: 'Header add MyHeader "time %D msec start at %t"' in any of the VirtualHost declarations more generic locations without the Directory directive.

-Tim

Jordan Hayes wrote:
If you use JK, apache can do most of the work for you
with their modules.

Well, maybe I'm dense then. In my VirtualHost, I did this:

   <Directory />
     Header add MyHeader "time %D msec start at %t"
   </Directory>

If I visit http://blah.foo.com/index.html the header gets added; if I
visit http://blah.foo.com/examples/servlet/RequestHeaderExample I don't
get the additional header.  Can you be a little more explicit about how
I would get this to work?

Thanks,

/jordan