From: Tim & Laly Huffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quinta-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2003 16:41
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: New startup

I have Tomcat installed, along with JDK1.3.1.  As far as I know, all
variables are set.  When I start up Tomcat, I am able to see the default
index page from Apache.  I can maneuver through all pages using port 8080.

The problem lies in that when I create a html page, or a jsp page, I place
them in the webapps/myWork folder.  Then, when I try to view them using the
localhost:8080,  the browser (and I suppose Tomcat) tells me the page can't
be found.  What am I doing wrong?  A simple html page should just come right
up, I would think.  Do jsp pages need to be compiled?

All help is appreciated.  Thanks.....