From: Peter Lin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 10:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.18 - Scalability Issue ?

the acceptCount is the number of connections to accept
before rejecting new connections.  It is only useful
if you don't want to reject connections and want them
to get processed eventually.

Max processors is the number of Coyote processors
Tomcat will create. If you're max concurrent will be
50, you may want to increase the min processors to
match the expected average load or the max concurrent.

One way to calculate the min or accept count is to
perform a series of benchmarks incrementing by 1 with
default tomcat settings. Plot the results based on
response time vs concurrent requests. Then rerun the
same test, but this time increase the accept count to
see if under max load it improves the response time or
error rate. Rerun the same exact test and only modify
either min or accept count. What I tend to do is start
with min first and then do accept count. Repeat the
process as many times as necessary. Once you're done
and it's all graphed in a chart, you can see if one
particular set of min/accept values results in better
scalability.

hope that helps.

peter

--- "Chakravarthy, Sundar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for replying. Yes that is correct. Throws
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/jasper/runtime/HttpJspBase
>
> as mentioned below after Jmeter threads increase to
> above 10.
>
> I notice my acceptCount is 10 , should I bump this
> value ?
>
> What is the difference between acceptCount and
> maxPrcessors ?
>
> I expect upto but not beyond 50 max concurrent
> users.
>
> Listing of AJP in tomcat/conf/server.xml
>
>    <Connector

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>                port="8009" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
> redirectPort="8443"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"
> connectionTimeout="0"
>                useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"