From: "Jacob Kjome" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: INDIANNIC : CONFIGURING TOMCAT WITHOUT PORT 8080

> Hmm.... You know, I haven't used Tomcat-3.3 in so long, I'm not sure I'd
be
> of any help.  There are lots of HowTo's for Tomcat-4.x.x out there for
> using mod_jk and such.
>
> The main things you need are:
>
> 1.  Apache with mod_jk.so
> 2.  mod_jk.conf and workers.properties
> 3.  An include line in Apache's httpd.conf for the mod_jk.conf file
> 4.  JkMount statements in mod_jk.conf
>
> here is my workers.properties (keep in mind I am using Windows, so modify
> as needed)...
>
> workers.tomcat_home=$(CATALINA_HOME)
> workers.java_home=$(JAVA_HOME)
> ps=\
> worker.list=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13.host=localhost
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
> worker.ajp13.cachesize=8
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13
> worker.inprocess.type=jni

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)server${ps}lib$(ps)ca
talina.jar
> worker.inprocess.cmd_line=start

worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)server$(ps
)jvm.dll

worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stdout

worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stderr

> Here are the relevant sections of my mod_jk.conf...
>
> <IfModule !mod_jk.c>
>    LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
> </IfModule>
>
> JkWorkersFile
"C:/Java/Apache/Jakarta/Tomcat-4.1.18/conf/jk/workers.properties"
> JkLogFile "C:/Java/Apache/Jakarta/Tomcat-4.1.18/logs/mod_jk.log"
> JkLogLevel info
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
>

> <VirtualHost localhost>
>      ServerName localhost
>
>      JkMount /mycontext ajp13
>      JkMount /mycontext/* ajp13
>
> </VirtualHost>
>

> here is the relevant part of my httpd.conf....
>
> Include "C:/java/apache/jakarta/tomcat-4.1.8/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf"
>

> If you need more info than this, then look to the Tomcat-3.3 docs or look
> at the many sites offering advice on mod_jk and jk2 setup...

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.2
/doc/