Hi,

We have Tomcat 4.1.12 configured with Apache 2.x + SSL. My webapps are installed
in the webapp directory for tomcat. I want the default page loaded on one of my
apps to be index.jsp instead of index.html. I have tried everything so far and
have failed.

My httpd.conf has the following listing:

#
# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML
# directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
#
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.php index.php4
index.php3 index.phtml index.cgi index.jsp
</IfModule>

web.xml has the following:

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

It still doesn't load index.jsp. This is what I get when I try:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL

I am using https://.../xyz

Help!!
--
Regards,