I just downloaded and installed the most recent release of Tomcat and I'm running it
on Windows
XP.  I'm trying to learn JSP on my local machine (8080), but I have a few questions.

When attempting a helloworld.jsp page that was to include the date, the code <%=
java.util.Date()
%> is not displaying anything at all.  I'm trying to figure out what could be setup
incorrectly to
keep this from running.

I'm running the j2sdk1.4.1_01.  I just setup all of the Java SDK stuff today, so let
me know if
I'm forgetting anything.

My new environment variables are as follows:
JAVA_HOME     C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01
CLASSPATH     .;C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\common\lib\servlet.jar
CATALINA_HOME C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
PATH          C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin

I'm not sure what could be wrong because the main JSP pages work, as well as the admin
and manager
pages.

Also, I just downloaded SunONE Community Edition because I've been told that's it's
supposed to be
very good for JSP, Servlets and Beans.  For some reason, everytime I try to run this
JSP page,
it's telling me that no servers are installed and I'm not sure what could be wrong
there either.

Thanks in advance!
Barry

=====

Barry W. Jones III
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life is like a dogsled team; if you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
- Lewis Grizzard