Hello,

I installed Tomcat 4.1.18 (the rpm, with the command
rpm -i) on Redhat 8.  I cannot locate a startup script
in /var/tomcat4/bin/ or anywhere else.  No shutdown
script either.

I checked the tomcat documentation and the archives -
everything indicates the startup script should be
there.  I couldn't find anything on this problem.

I also have tomcat3.3 installed on this system.  I
didn't take the time to uninstall, since rpm -e
claimed it couldn't find the installation, and I
wanted a demo ready by tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Warner