I just figured out why my mod_Jk config was not working.  It seems if I put
the Include conf/mod_jk.conf in the Virtualhost block , or put the Jk*
parameters inside a Virtualhost , it does not work.  Only when set globally
does this work.

 Does anyone know if mod_jk will work with virtualhosts and if so how to
turn it on and off for virtualhosts?  I donšt want mod_jk checking JkMounts
for each virtualhost I have, that seems way too expensive.

 thanks
Adam