From: David Godfrey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 March 2003 3:36
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Problems configuring Tomcat with Apache using mod_jk2

Hi,

I'm having problems when trying to use Tomcat and Apache HTTP server
together, with mod_jk2. I have built Apache from the source, installed
Tomcat 4.1.18, and tested each individually (they seem to function
correctly). When I add in mod_jk2, both Apache and Tomcat still start and
function correctly, but there does not appear to be any redirection taking
place, (I can access http://localhost:8080/examples for, but not
http://localhost/examples).

When I examine "error_log" in APACHE_HOME/logs, there are the following 2
entries, but nothing that (to me) indicates an error:

        Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.1 configured -- resuming normal
operations

        File does not exist: /opt/apache/htdocs/examples

The error/log file I have defined in httpd.conf for mod_jk2 is created when
I start Apache / Tomcat, but is empty. I am running Solaris 2.8, Apache
2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18, and Java 1.4.1.

I would really appreciate some ideas on how I could solve this problem.

Many thanks,