From: Mark E. Palandri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:43 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Does isapi_redirector2.dll Work With PWS

OK, I found a typo in the 'workersFile' registry entry. I fixed it and
restarted PWS. The jakarta ISAPI Filter now has a green up arrow which I
assume means that it loaded successfully.

But, it still doesn't look like the '/examples' URI is being redirected to
Tomcat. I know that something is listening on socket 8009 because if I send
it gibberish, I get a nice exception trace log in my Tomcat window
indicating as much.

If I look in the PWS log, I see the following:

23:34:05 192.168.2.54 GET /jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll 500

This seems to imply that the redirector intercepted the request and returned
a 500 (Internal Server Error).

Is there some logging or debug entry that I can set to get the redirector to
spit out something more interesting, for example giving a reason for
returning the 500?

Here is a copy of what my properties files look like

jk2.properties
--------------
# The default port is 8009 but you can use another one
# channelSocket.port=8019

workers2.properties
-------------------
# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

server.xml
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

full copy attached.

Thanks,

Mark