Hi, Matt and Mavrikis,

Well, I tried to add the load-on-start like this:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>StartServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>manpower.servlets.StartServlet</servlet-class>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

That didn't work.  I tried <load-on-startup/> too.  But it never calls
the servlet.

I'll look for Valves or Filters.

Thanks,
Jim.