Hello,

I am using Apache 1.3.26 on IBM AIX

I want to implement Basic Authentication on Apache (Ref: htpasswd)

I have 2 users with their respective directories:
USER NAME HOME DIR     public_html
BILL /home/bill    /home/bill/public_html
GATES /home/gates   /home/gates/public_html

I want to IMPLEMENT Basic Authentication for User BILL and NO Authentication for user GATES.
How can I do that - is it possible to have Basic Authentication for User BILL and NO Authentication for User GATES?

This is what I have done....
<Directory />
 Options +FollowSymLinks
 AllowOverride All
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

#### BASIC AUTHENTICATION for USER BILL ####

<Directory /home/bill/public_html>
 Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Indexes
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
 AllowOverride All
 AllowOverride AuthConfig
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "By Invitation Only"
 AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2003/passwd/apache_password
 Require valid-user
</Directory>

#### NO AUTHENTICATION for USER GATES ####

<Directory /home/gates/public_html>
 Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Indexes
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

THANKS!