Have you edited your server.xml ?

<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->

enableLookups="true"
acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
<Factory className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
</Connector>