I've been searching and just want to make sure I was told correctly.

I was told in an IRC that there is no way to get an object from a session
before it expires.

I know you can listen for valueUnbound, but that tells me when all instances
of a class are being unbound.

I know you can listen to sessionDestroyed and get the session from the
HttpSessionEvent, but by then the session has already been invalidated and I
can't get a hold on a particular object.

What I need is to know before a session is invalidated, so that I can pull a
particular instance of a class from the session and update a database with
it.

I was told that is not possible... Is this right? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!