Im having a very strange problem under tomcat 4.1.18 whereby I am
deploying an app onto the root context of the server.  My default page is
index.jsp, however whe  i then view this page in the application I always
get the initial welcome page from the welcome application.  Now this
application no longer exists in the server so I am baffled as to where
it's coming from and why I get the wrong thing.  If i delet index.jsp,
then I get a 404 error as expected.  This is equally true if say I use
default.jsp.  I am presuming that this is a bug in tomcat as I cant
understand anything else that could be causing it.  Has anyone else seen
this problem?
cheers
Pete Storey

Kiss Technologies