hi

we are using Tomcat 4.1.18/IIS on a win2000 machine.  we have one JSP
statically including other JSPs, and I know that Tomcat can detect and
recompile statically included pages when they are modified (whether or not
the calling page has been modified).  This works fine on its own.  However,
when we call our servlet, it does some processing then forwards the request
using a RequestDispatcher like this

RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(page);
rd.forward( req, res );

the problem is that Tomcat no longer detects that statically included pages
have been modified.  is it something to do with the request dispatcher,
Tomcat or what?  we have done a lot of internet research but have come up
empty.

thanks in advance
john