If you have multiple domains, I think your out of luck. If you run a single active directory domain, you *might* be able to do something like this:

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
connectionURL="ldap://need.morecowbell.com:389";
userBase="dc=more,dc=morecowbell,dc=com"
userSearch="(userPrincipalName={0})"
userRoleName="member"
roleBase="dc=more,dc=morecowbell,dc=com"
roleName="cn"
roleSearch="(member={0})"
connectionName="cn=A_USER,cn=Users,dc=more,dc=morecowbell,dc=com"
connectionPassword="prescription"
roleSubtree="true"
userSubtree="true" />

To connect to active directory, you need a special user connection. Thats why connectionName="cn=A_USER,cn=Users,dc=more,dc=morecowbell,dc=com"
is used.

I hope you have better luck that I had.

-Tim

Dan Payne wrote:
I'm looking for some assistance in setting up single-sign on with our
windows 2000 intranet and Tomcat using Windows Active Directory and a Tomcat
JINDIRealm and LDAP. What I'm essentially looking for is
HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() to return the username used to
authenticate to the Windows network (Active Directory).

My last post was rather vague and elicited no responses. I've done some more
research and this seems to be the way to go but it would be nice if anyone
who's already done it could relate their experiences or perhaps point me in
the right direction to some resources covering this issue.

Thanks again,

Dan