In the web.xml file I need to include init params Like this:
    <init-param>
        <param-name>
                passwordFile
        </param-name>
        <param-value>
                C:\SANDRA\BC
Transit\IDCardProject\Passwords\passwords.properties
        </param-value>
    </init-param>

What I have done here, however, is wrong. Story of my life...

I am creating a passwordFile using a FileOutputStream to the address above
like this:              String passwordFile =
                  "C:\\SANDRA\\BC
Transit\\IDCardProject\\Passwords\\passwords.properties";
                FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(passwordFile);

However when I call it like this:
      passwordFile = config.getInitParameter("passwordFile");
      passwords = new Properties();
      passwords.load(new FileInputStream(passwordFile));

The above web.xml does not do the trick. I believe my param-name is correct,
but what should the value be?

Sandra Patricia Hunter
Systems Development and Web Design