        From: Brian Menke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 31/03/2003 10:43
        To: Tomcat Users List
        Subject: RE: Tomcat redirect to 8080 Help please?

        By default, tomcat serves EVERYTHING on port 8080. You can easily change it
        to serve on port 80 so that you don't need to add any port numbers to your
        url. You make this change in the <tomcat_install_dir>\conf\server.xml file.
        Look for

                       enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
                       useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
            <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value
             to -1 -->

        8080 and change it to 80, restart your tomcat and it will work.

        HOWEVER, you need to make sure you don't have any other web server running
        on port 80 first. If you have apache or IIS installed, they usually install
        on port 80 by default. If you have another web server using that port, you
        will need to change it first, consult the applicable documentation. Of
        course there are other ways to configure also, but that is a much longer
        discussion.

        -Brian