Thanks Mariusz!! That was the ticket! I appreciate the help...wish I could have figured that one out!

Thanks Again!!

Bryan

----Original Message Follows----
From: Mariusz Wiktorczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: WEB-INF/web.xml problem
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:05:23 +0200

In your url http://<URL>:8080/pnm/Submit should be some hint for apache telling that this is a Tomcat app i.e. http://<URL>/servlet/pnm/Submit.
See exactly how is build URL to Tomcat examples.

Bryan Richardson wrote:

Here's the deal...I have a .class file that is in the webapps/pnm/WEB-INF/classes folder that I am trying to run. In web.xml I have the following:

<!-- servlet definition -->
   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>
        Submit
    </servlet-name>
    <description>
        A simple servlet
    </description>
       <servlet-class>
        ranade.SubmitServlet
    </servlet-class>
   </servlet>
<!-- servlet mapppings -->
   <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>
        Submit
       </servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>
        /Submit
    </url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

I can go to http://<URL>:8080/pnm/Submit and the .class file will run. However, if I try to go through my Apache web server and run the .class file, I get the Error 404 message. I'm assuming I have Apache-Tomcat configured correctly because I can run the java examples in the Tomcat "examples" folder through Apache. I'm thinking it has something to do with Apache not referencing the web.xml file because when I set up a security realm in web.xml, it will ask me for a password when I go directly to Tomcat via port 8080, but if I go through Apache the page will come up without asking for a password. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.