We have a mixed JSP / cgi-bin / perl environment.  Currently we have
Apache doing authentication to get into the main web site and then from
there, we need additional authentication to get into JSP pages.
Currently there is no security for JSP pages so if someone browses to a
jsp page, it will never ask them for authentication.  Now, I need to
know what is the best way to perform security in this type of
environment.  We only want 1 form of authentication.  We wouldn't want
to deal with Apache authentication and then tomcat authentication.  We
want some sort of centralized authentication maybe using MySQL or LDAP.
Either way, what is the best way to secure this environment where users
first go into cgi pages and then later click on links to jsp pages???

Richard Paredes
Launch Consulting :: digital revolutionaries
Phone: 877.817.8931
Cell: 917.418.8423
Fax: 877.817.8931
On the web @ www.launchconsulting.net