Hi, I have configured the commons-dbcp datasource as a JNDI resource for MSSQL and Oracle and all is working as expected. However, as I understand, it is only possible to keep a factory as a resource and so a new datapool must be created everytime a JNDI lookup is done. I would like to share a single connection pool among different contexts.

My first attempt was to create a listener that put a single instance of a pool into the JNDI only to find that it is read-only. For my next attempt I am thinking of creating a javabean with a static collection of datasources and name keys that can be gotten as a JNDI resource so that the different applications can just retrieve the bean and do a lookup of the datasource that way.

Am I missing an easier or better way to do this? I do not have any experience with Javabeans and based on the stuff I've seen on the web beans are usually graphic oriented. Is this an appropriate use of a bean (or perhaps an Enterprise Javabean)?

Thank you in advance,
Scott