Hi Tomcat Friends !!!

I will try to describe the questions in a generic way.

mydebug has the following context entry in server.xml for auto-reloadability
convenience, which should not matter. Mentioned just for completeness

  <Context path="/mydebug" docBase="mydebug" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
  </Context>

I think the following statements are correct.

A) Servlets need the webapps/mydebug/WEB-INF/classes/ directory structure to
deploy a servlet.class.

B) An Applet.class gets fetched and on the client executed if put together
with the appropriate myFile.html within the webapps/mydebug/.

I have about 10 commonly shared classes by Servlet.class as well as
Applet.class. This means to me that I have to keep a copy of the shared
classes in webapps/mydebug/WEB-INF/classes/ and one in webapps/mydebug/

1) Is there a way to combine the shared classes in one directory ???

2) Is there a way to put the Applet.class also into
webapps/mydebug/WEB-INF/classes/ and it still works ???

I have tried item 2, but applet.class cannot be seen anymore as soon as it's
within webapps/mydebug/WEB-INF or higher like example in myfile.html :

  <applet codebase="http://localhost:8080/mydebug/WEB-INF/";
code="Applet.class"
          width="350" height="200">
  </applet>

The combining of all class files in one directory or directory structure
with packages would be highly desired. I just can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be highly appreciated, KLAUS