I'm running into build problems with mod_jk:

On Tru64 Unix, here's what I'm doing step by step:

1. cd /usr/local
2. gunzip -c jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src.tar.gz | tar xvf -
3. cd ./jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src/jk/native
(so I'm trying to build within the 'native' directory, I think that's
right. . .

4. ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

<At this ponit ./configure prints out lots of info and seems to complete
sucessfully.>

5. make

and I get the following output from make:
No suffix list.
Making all in common
./libtool --mode=compile cc -I /usr/local/apache2/include -g -g -g
-DOSF1
-I /usr/opt/java140/include -I /usr/opt/java140/include/ -c
./jk_ajp12_wroker.c
sh: ./libtool: not found
***Exit 1
Stop.
***Exit 1

Now, libtool itself is indeed located in the current directory
(/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src/jk/native)
but the file it's looking for (jk_ajp12_worker.c) is in a subdirectory
called "common".

I don't even understand why 'make' is trying to use libtool at all.  The
notes in the README.txt file under /jk make is sound like it should only
use libtool if I'm using ant to build, here's the quote:

"* If your system have a current working version of libtool, run "ant
native".
  This will build the native connectors for the detected servers ( both
jk
  and jk2).  Alternatively, you can build using
configure/make/dsp/apxs."

Any ideas what's going on?  I've also tried to execute 'ant' from
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src/jk and got a different
error. . .