>From the code (and stack-trace), the problem is with an unescaped '%' sign
in the query-string.  Something like: "/foo.jsp?progress=58%&foo=bar" or
"/foo.jsp?value=%xy".

If your machine is connected to the internet, then I think that there are a
couple of IIS traversal worms that send something like this.  Otherwise,
check the access logs for both a query-string and a '%' char.

If all else fails, a variant on Charlie's suggestion that prints
request.getQueryString() should also work.

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Howdy,

>couldn't you set up an error-page that only runs for this exception and
>then
>print out the parameters from that page? Or does the request not get
that
>far? If not write a valve/responseWrapper that catches response 500
errors
>and act upon it.

It doesn't get that far.

>Shouldn't your access log(if you have one) report a 500 response code
for
>that request? that could give you a time of occurrence and possibly the
>user who requested it depending on your setup(since you have a closed
>environment).

Yeah: I'll look at the access log further.  But because the problem is
rare enough and users haven't complained, it's been on a back burner for
me.

Thanks for all your ideas ;)

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.