Rick Roberts wrote:

Can you show me a minimalistic <Context> for server.xml?
Just something short and sweet, to jump start me.

Thanks,

Alright, say you have a web application called WidgetApp deployed inside /opt/tomcat/webapps/WidgetApp and you want the servlets inside the web application to be addressed as "http://domain.com/WidgetExec/<some_servlet_name>" You will have to locate the following line inside server.xml :

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->

and add the following line :

<!-- WidgetApp Context -->

<Context path="/WidgetExec" docBase="WidgetApp" debug="0" reloadable="true" />

Notice that the "path" element in the line above relates to *how* you call your servlets (http://domain.com/WidgetExec), while the docBase refers to the actual location of the WidgetApp web application on your file system (everything is relative to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps). There are more options than just debug and reloadable, but I won't want to confuse you at this moment.

Regards,
pascal chong