You could also take a look at JEdit (www.jedit.org). It's a free, open source java ide that has a community writing plug-ins to do most of the things mentioned in previous posts. :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
thanks for the replies u got me going , although the IDE looks sweet ,
similar to PHPEdit which i hardly need the code hints for now , but phpedit
is open source , i'm not a business, its not for a business its simply to
help me learn , i totally hate licencing when u are not going to make any
money out of it for starters using it !

Check out IntelliJ Idea - it's got some great support for code
completion, refactoring, finding out where methods are used, etc.. Easy
to set up remote debugging with Tomcat.  Nice little features to help
you program (will automatically generate try/catch etc. )

http://www.intellij.com/idea/new30.jsp