I just changed the server certificate on a Tomcat 4.04 standalone server and now get "Secure connection: fatal error (40) from server. Failed to connect to server." errors.

I deleted the old certificate and imported the new one with the same alias in the keystore. I then restarted the Tomcat service (this is under WIndows 2000).

I think some configuration settings were changed since the last time Tomcat was restarted because I don't think the certificate change itself would cause these errors (but I'm not sure). I did reinstall the old certificate and restart the service and still get the errors!

Any pointers to where in the server.xml file I should look for changes/settings which directly relate to this error?