I have an application running on a Tomcat Server (I tried it on 4.1.12,
4.1.24 and 5.0.2).

Using a Windows Media Player Client Version 8.0, when I try accessing
content through a servlet (within Tomcat Servlet Engine), it speaks HTTP
1.0. Since version 1.0 is stateless, it doesnt work with my application
as it requires a session.

However, this doesn't happen with Version 9.0 and it speaks HTTP 1.1.

Would there be any setting in the Tomcat Configuration that prompts
whenever it receives a HTTP 1.0 request? The Coyote4 connector says it
supports both 1.1 and 1.0 and it uses 1.1 always initially. I have set
the Windows Media Player to use the browser setting for HTTP protocol
and the browser is IE6 with SP1.

Could someone help me solve this problem by telling me how to make
Tomcat prmpt a message whenever it receives a HTTP 1.0 request?

Thanks
Vex