Agree. Point 2 is for you to manually deploy the webapp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Mayring [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 10, 2003 7:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Tomcat Manager deploy and undeploy

Phillip Qin wrote:
> Just move your <Context>......</Context> from server.xml to an XML file.
> There are two naming styles:
>
> 2. Deploy by Tomcat to webapps:
> - name it myapp.xml;
> - make myapp.war;
> - copy myapp.xml and myapp.war to webapps

Unfortunately this doesn't work right in my mind. For if I remove the
webapp via the management console, then the myapp.xml file is removed
along with the WAR file. If I then redeploy the WAR file, obviously the
myapp.xml is gone. There should be a way to put myapp.xml in META-INF
just as with deploying by Tomcat Manager.

Ulrich